Here are our 2019 Recipients:
2019 Community Partner of the Year
- Involvement in supporting critical community issues.
- Enhancing the overall economy of Sumter County through profitable operations.
- Exemplifying innovative leadership with employees and clients.
2019 Citizen of the Year
Gatewood Florist & Cousin’s Catering
- Significant contribution and notable impact to Sumter County.
- Demonstrates definable, exceptional deeds that showcase a dedication to making Sumter County a better place to live, work and play.
- Extremely active and hands-on within the Sumter County community and easily considered a role model.
2019 Business of the Year
Jerry Lott, Manager
David Peppers, Human Resources
- Excellent customer satisfaction.
- Superior customer awareness.
- Ethical business practices.
- Business growth within the last year.
- Current upgrade or expansion of facilities.
- Excellent relationships with other local businesses and have recently experienced new business investments.
2019 Non-Profit of the Year
MaKenzie Greene, President
Americus Junior Service Leagues
- Exemplifies best practices in nonprofit management and professional development.
- Makes a profound difference in the lives of Sumter County.
- Project a positive community image.
- Develops and fosters the virtues and skills of civic engagement and social responsibility with in Sumter County.
- Made an improvement to Sumter County.
2019 “Sparky Reeves” Trustee Award
South Georgia Technical College
- Exemplifies the truest meaning of a ‘Community Servant Heart’.
- Willingness to serve and offer help before asked.
- Serves willingly and without expecting anything in return.
- Profound impact on our County in every sector.
2019 One Sumter Visionary Impact Award
Americus-Sumter High School