Kathryn Fowler Moore
Governmental Affairs Division Chair
Gatewood, Skipper, Rambo & Moore, P.C.
Darrell Sabbs, Jr.
Governmental Affairs Interim Co-Chair
Barnum Funeral Homes
The Governmental Affairs Division proactively serves as the “Voice for Business” to Sumter County local, state, and federal governments, as well as other related agencies and partners.
This Division engages in policy decisions, education, awareness, and advocating for issues of critical importance to business, industry, and community vitality. A Presentation of the Chamber’s Federal and State Updates is presented each year to State and Federal officials. The Updates reports on County and Regional concerns that will make an impact for our county and region.
- Enhancing relationships with all our local, state, and federal officials and promoting the growth and influence of Sumter County is another responsibility of the Governmental Affairs Division.
- The Governmental Affairs Division facilitates open dialogue around issues of mutual interest and concerns to the business community and our governmental partners.
- Legislative Wrap-Up Luncheon – The legislative Wrap-Up Luncheon hosted annually recaps the highlights of the State Legislative Session to the Business Community and citizens of Sumter County.
- Washington Fly-In – Join fellow top business leaders from our community to advocate for Sumter’s interests during the Washington Fly-In every other year. The Fly-In is vital for discussing Sumter’s important business issues with Sumter’s Congressional delegation and other federal officials.
- Legislative Wrap-Up Luncheon – The legislative Wrap-Up Luncheon is hosted annually to recap the highlights of the State Legislative Session to the Business Community and citizens of Sumter County.
- “Candidate’s Forums” – These public forums are organized by the Division to inform citizens and businesses by having the opportunity to meet and hear candidates’ platforms running for local office. Other meet and greet opportunities are organized to meet State and Federal candidates as well.
- Legislative Listening Day – This effort involves a briefing with State Officials, to hear from the Sumter County elected officials and Chamber to prior to the next State Legislative Session to present topics of concerns.